Considering Infolinks for your blog?
Infolinks pays better than programs like Chitika and can be a great alternative to AdSense, if used wisely.
In this detailed Infolinks review (2018), we’ll see what is Infolinks, how to use Infolinks and if it is worth going after.
If you’re looking for some quick and working Infolinks approval tricks, I’ve got your back covered too.
Here’s my Infolinks Review (Updated For 2018)
As a newbie blogger with little traffic and a banned AdSense account, I found Infolinks ads very helpful for my blog. Infolinks ad platform was easy to get approved, I could place the ads instantly and earned a decent income for my traffic with the targeted ads it served.
Infolinks is primarily text based ad platform (though there are other formats released now) that helps you make money off ads without making your blog look messy or spoiling the user experience.
Another advantage of using Infolinks is, though being an excellent AdSense alternative, it is fully compatible with AdSense. You can run Infolinks side-by-side with AdSense without thinking twice of getting banned.
Let’s see more details and how Infolinks can help you make money instantly …
- Blogging Mastery Guide: 30 Blogging Tips I used To Grow My Blog From Zero to $6000/mo
- How To Drive More Traffic To Your Blog (more traffic = more income from ads!)
What is Infolinks?
Founded in the year 2007, Infolinks is the third largest advertising platform which offers ad solutions for both publishers and advertisers worldwide. Advertisers use Infolinks ads to promote their business whereas publishers like bloggers place those ads within their sites to make money.
Advertisers can get massive benefits since Infolinks serves contextual ads that are strategically placed on relevant websites to increase their conversion rates and publishers can make money by placing Infolinks ads in various ad formats such as in-text, in-frame, in-screen etc.
How Does Infolinks Work?
Infolinks for bloggers provides a wide range of ad formats that appear in different sections of your website (in text, on the footer as a sticky ribbon, interstitial ads to name a few) that serve relevant ads based on your visitors’ browsing history.
The is the same technology used by Infolinks’ #1 competitor, Google AdSense.
Watch this mini video that describes how Infolinks works in a clear and concise manner.
- How To Make $25 By Just Placing This Banner On Your Website
- How To Make $200 Per Referral (You’ll never need programs like Infolinks if you do this!)
What are the benefits of using Infolinks ads?
If you’re wondering about why should you use Infolinks over other alternatives such as Google AdSense or Chitika or media.net, here are some of the advantages of Infolinks over others.
- Infolinks is the third largest publisher marketplace in the world.
- Infolinks uses contextual ads and smart ad unit targeting system to show highly relevant ads
- Infolinks has access to thousands of advertisers in almost every industry
- Offers a ton of ad formats to monetize your site with Infolinks ads
- Infolinks offers responsive mobile ads to maximize ad revenue from mobile traffic.
So let’s now talk about how you can use Infolinks ads to make more money in 2018 and beyond.
Infolinks Features Overview: Ad formats Offered by Infolinks
Infolinks offer you a wide range of ad formats that you can use within your website to start monetizing your traffic through their ads. Here are some of the ad formats that Infolinks provides you:
Let’s briefly talk about all of these ad formats from Infolinks so you’ll better understand about how you can use these ad formats to make more money.
#1. InText: These are actually keyword based ads and when a reader hovers on them, an appropriate ad appears (so when they click, you make some commission).
As you can see from the above screenshot, you can pick your link style (either double or with dotted lines) and also choose any color you want to display your InText ads.
At max, you can show up to 12 links per page and you can also have an option to whether or not to show these ads within your content.
#2. InFold: These are ads from Infolinks that uses the power of search and display to deliver ads to your website audience to increase your earnings.
You can choose InFold ads to place them wherever you want (left, middle or right) where you can also have an option to pick your ad unit color.
#3. InScreen: These are interstitial ads which deliver relevant content between page views and your website’s traffic.
You can use ad triggers to show these InScreen ads at the entrance of your website or internal pages or while your visitors leaving your website (exit ads).
#4. InTag: Infolinks ads highly relevant and valuable informative tags within your content. Here’s how it looks like:
As you can observe from the above illustration, you can pick where you want to place your tag ads along with the link color and ad unit color.
#5. InFrame: These display attractive banner ads which can be placed within your blog posts or pages.
Here’s how these ads look like:
#6. InArticle: These ads appear once your website visitors engage with the content on your articles or pages.
If you want to specifically set the ad position for an InArticle ad with Infolinks, you need to include the following HTML tag where it’s supposed to show:
<input type=”hidden” name=”IL_IN_ARTICLE”>’
Infolinks’ InArticle supports your website branding and you can choose your brand colors by picking any ad unit color you want to display these InArticle ads within your site.
Advantages and disadvantages of Infolinks
Here are some of the pros and cons of using Infolinks on your website.
Pros of Infolinks:
- Great alternative to AdSense (where you can earn high commissions per each click)
- The ability to use Infolinks along with AdSense or any other display advertising platform
- There are no hidden fees or setup fees
- No minimum visitors required for Infolinks account approval
- Ads are fully customizable
- Wide range of ad formats to place your Infolinks ads
- Thousands of high potential advertising options
Cons of Infolinks:
- CPM is very low when compared to western countries such as US, UK, Canada etc
- Usually on Infolinks ads, CTR (click through rate) is higher and CPC (Cost per click) is lower
Infolinks Approval Trick
Infolinks doesn’t have strict user approval rules but as a blogger you should take care of the following points before applying to ensure faster approval:
- Make sure your blog looks professional and has a clean theme
- Try to have at least 5-6 blog posts before applying
- There is no offensive content on your website.
- None of these tricks are officially mentioned by Infolinks to get approved but I’ve personally seen sites that fulfill the above criteria have greater chances of approval not only for Infolinks but also for AdSense.
After the following, here are the next steps you should take to get your Infolinks approved:
1) Check Infolinks Eligibility Criteria:
First things first. Even if you’ve a small blog, you can still sign up for Infolinks as there’s no particular eligibility criteria for how small or big a site is.
Just make sure your website’s content doesn’t contain anything that’s:
- Negative in nature
There’s no minimum requirements for page views or visitors to your website as well. That means, even if your website gets 100 views a day, you still can join Infolinks. Did I forget to mention that, there’s no set up fees and you can instantly sign up for Infolinks?
2) How to use Infolinks?
If you want to monetize your site with Infolinks, here’s a step by step process.
Step 1: Click on this link to visit their sign up page. Enter your website’s URL and then you can sign up either using your email or Facebook login details.
Step 2: You’ll instantly get an embed code that you can use to insert infolinks ads within your website.
Step 3: Now, simply copy paste the embed code within your website (where you want to insert your ads) or you can use their plugin if you’re using WordPress, Blogger and so on.
Step 4: Immediately after you sign up, your account will go through a review process. Once you receive the successful confirmation email (which takes usually 1 or 2 days), you can start using Infolinks ads.
Quick Note: Your Infolinks application will be processed and a confirmation email will be sent to your email within 2 business days following a review of your site. Once approved, you can integrate Infolinks ads to start monetizing your site.
How to integrate Infolinks ads into your website?
To be able to integrate Infolinks ads into your website, you first need a verified account (which takes around 2 days after you successfully sign up).
If you’re a WordPress user, you can simply install their free plugin (which you can get access to after signing up) and the ads will appear on your site after you activate the plugin.
Here are the next steps which are involved in integrating Infolinks ads into your website.
Step 1: Install the plugin. Go to your WordPress dashboard Settings > Infolinks In Text Ads
Step 2: Now, login to your Infolinks account.
Step 3: Copy PID and Website ID to plugin Settings and you’re done. Infolinks ads will automatically will start showing up.
Step 4: You can anytime customize your Iynfolinks ads however you want.
For instance, you can get the look you want by customizing the color, underline style and number of InText ads per page under the Customize tab in your Infolinks account.
Here’s how it looks like:
Similarly, you can do customizations according to your needs on any ad format.
Infolinks payment proof
In case if you’re wondering how the Infolinks payout looks like, here’s an earning screenshot of Infolinks payment from India’s leading blog ShoutMeLoud.com.
Please note this payment proof of Infolinks is back from 2011, their blog as now grown multiples of what it was back then and we can safely assume had they been using Infolinks on their blog now, they’d be surely making a higher four-figure income from that alone.
How to increase Infolinks earnings?
Are you looking for ways to increase Infolinks earnings?
Infolinks is not a pay per view ad service, instead it is a pay per click (PPC) ad service. You can highly increase earnings from Infolinks and similar ad programs by increasing the CPC of your ads.
Any advertiser program that serves ads based on visitors’ interests highly depends on your visitor’s intent and quality.
If you have an audience that talks and searches for luxury items online, when they visit your website Infolinks will serve them related ads. And ads from high-end products will definitely earn you a good CPC.
Similarly, if you’ve an audience who has less buying power then they’ll normally be targeted with low quality ads that will not earn you good ad income
If we consider all the above points to be ideal, the revenue now completely depends on the amount of visitors your website gets.
Let’s say you’re bringing 3000 unique visitors a day to your site, here’s what happens.
- Ads placed in each blog – 4
- Total number of daily visitors – 3000
- Total number of ad impressions – 4 x 3000 = 12,000 per day
- Cost per Mill (Earning for 1000 impressions) – 2$ (This may vary but this is an average earning CPM)
- Daily average earning – (12,000/1000) x 2 = 24$ / day
So the monthly income would be 30 x 24 = 720$
Did you get it?
That being said, here are some of the ways on how to increase earnings of Infolinks.
- Ad placement is important: Where you place your infolinks ads play a vital role in getting more impressions and clicks on your ads. Fortunately infolinks provide you a variety of ad formats ranging from InText, InArticle, InFrame and so on, so you’ve a wide range of options to place your ads for better earnings.
- Increase your traffic: As we just discussed above example, you won’t make a decent income from Infolinks by getting 100 visitors a day. That’s why it’s important for you to increase your search engine traffic by targeting high CPC keywords where you can drive “highly qualified visitors” to your websites who are in “buying mode”. The amount of search traffic you get determines your Infolinks earnings.
- Target high CPC keywords: If you’re ranking for highly profitable keywords with high CPC (Cost Per Click), you’ll definitely increase your average cost per click. Just make sure the search volume is low and the keywords you choose have high CPC. You can use tools like SEMrush, Keyword Planner etc to estimate the CPC of any keyword.
How to get paid with Infolinks?
First things first: there’s no limit on how much you can earn with Infolinks as there’s no cap. So it’s a good news if you really want to make more money with Infolink ads.
You can use your Infolinks dashboard to see how many people are clicking on your ads and how much commission you are making from those clicks.
What is the minimum payment threshold of Infolinks?
Infolinks has a minimum payout threshold of $50 for most users who are primarily using PayPal, eCheck or Payoneer as their mode of payment. That means, if your clicks generate you $50 or more, you can transfer your commission to your PayPal or preferred payment modes each month.
Infolinks Review 2018: My Verdict
Infolinks is surely a non-obtrusive and effective contextual ads platform that has easy approval process. You can surely use Infolinks as an effective alternative to Google AdSense or Chitika or use it in combination with them to diversify your earnings.
Infolinks is one of the few best AdSense alternatives for small websites.
Having said that, Infolinks, like other ad platforms, is good only till your website is still not large enough. Once you have decent traffic try to make money from your blog using other effective methods like affiliate marketing and selling your own products.
Here is a list of high-paying affiliate marketing programs for bloggers that you can join and promote to make much more than what Infolinks will make for you annually.
So what are your thoughts and reviews of Infolinks?
Share your views in the comments.