[Detailed] GetResponse Review 2016: Pros & Cons Revealed!
Did you know that email marketing has the highest ROI when compared to other platforms such as social media, banner ads or SEO?
Email marketing gives the highest ROI at $40 for every $1 spent . That’s A LOT!
That’s the reason why almost every marketer says the money is in the list. And they are not wrong. If you are not building an email list in 2016, you are leaving a ton of money on the table.
GetResponse Review Summary (2017)
Email marketing automation tool
Starts with free model
GetResponse is THE tool I use for email marketing and so far it has saved me hours with the automation tools. It is affordable as compared to others and is the easiest email marketing tool I have ever used.
In this GetResponse Review, We'll see if it is the best solution for email automation tool and how it can save you time and effort in lead management.
Ease of Use
Making money from email marketing is simple. Just do the following things right and the money starts rolling into your pockets.
- Build an email list of subscribers
- Use landing pages to quickly boost your email list
- Use webinars to turn your visitors into customers
You can’t do the above things alone. You need a set of email marketing tools and team to do that, right?
Wrong. You just need ONE tool that allows you to do all the above things. Which one is that?
In this GetResponse Review, you will discover how GetResponse has risen to become the best free email marketing automation and CRM tool for small businesses and startups alike.
- 1 Top 5 reasons GetResponse is undoubtedly the best All-in-one online marketing platform right now:
- 1.1 #1. Email marketing automation made easy
- 1.2 #2. Create an email list with GetResponse: Building and growing an email list has NEVER been easier
- 1.3 #3 GetResponse analytics: Want to figure out which emails are performing best?
- 1.4 #4. Creating webinars with GetResponse:
- 1.5 #5. Design stunning landing pages within seconds
- 1.6 #6. Pricing that makes it accessible to small business and startups
- 2 GetResponse Cyber Monday Deals & discount coupon code 2016:
- 3 GetResponse vs MailChimp:
- 4 Aweber vs GetResponse deliverity:
- 5 Few questions you might have before picking GetResponse:
- 6 GetResponse Customer testimonials:
- 7 Final verdict about using GetResponse as marketing automation tool:
Top 5 reasons GetResponse is undoubtedly the best All-in-one online marketing platform right now:
|GetResponse Details||Review (2016)||Click For Details|
|AutoResponder||Yes, advanced with marketing automation.||Click For Details|
|Marketing Automation||Yes (beta)||Click For Details|
1) One Click Segmentation
2) Metrics over time
3) Per user reporting
4) Calculate email ROI
|Click For Details|
|Split-Testing||Yes, upto 5 variations||Click For Details|
|Free Stock Images||Yes (1000+)||Click For Details|
|Landing Page Tempaltes||Yes (over 500+ ready-to-use designs)||Click For Details|
|Ease of NewsLetter Design||Very easy (drag & Drop)||Click For Details|
|Responsive Newsletter||Yes||Click For Details|
|Email Deliverity||4/5 stars||Click For Details|
|Customer Service||Supportive||Click For Details|
|Pricing||Starts at 15/month|
Gives you a 30 Day free trial.
|Click For Details|
I have been using GetResponse since quite a time and the recently introduced marketing automation set of tools has taken this email marketing tool to another level. With GetResponse you don’t need to be 100% there at your business. The process is pretty much auto-completed so you can concentrate on other aspects of lead generation rather than sending and typing each email to every signup.
In this GetResponse review, we will see how GetResponse is at advantage with other email marketing tools in the small business sector.
#1. Email marketing automation made easy
GetResponse recently introduced an incredible feature called “marketing automation”.
You may now ask, “what exactly is marketing automation?”.
It doesn’t matter what size of your website or online business is, we are all looking for “automated strategies” which allow us to save money and more importantly time. With automation, you can earn more with fewer efforts on the actual funnel. Here is how Marketo explains this:
There are already automation services being offered by HubSpot, Marketo, Infusionsoft etc but they are really expensive. Here’s where an affordable marketing automation tool like GetResponse comes into place (it’s both inexpensive and effective).
GetResponse marketing automation helps you automate your marketing efforts based on your customers actions and conditions.
GetResponse email automation tool uses the most intuitive if-then logic workflow.
Most email marketing software tools don’t allow you to automate your email lists. But GetResponse has the ability to do campaign automation. They use if-then logic to automate your email list campaigns.
For instance, if someone clicks on one of your emails, you can then send those people your promotional stuff. This works like a charm and it has two major benefits.
- One is you are not bombarding your whole email list with the promotional stuff.
- The other is you are increasing your conversion rates by sending emails to targeted people (this is also known as “action based marketing”).
Here’s how it looks like:
Let me tell you more about how it works in general.
If a visitor subscribes to your email list then you can send a welcome email immediately by using GetResponse autoresponder. Then, you use can the same if-then logic to send future emails to your subscribers depending on their behavior.
Check out this very short video on the benefits you can get with marketing automation:
With GetResponse email marketing automation, you can:
- Generate more leads with less the effort and time:
- Prioritize the best and qualifying leads
- Nurture or entertain those leads to get them into more sales
- Manage all email marketing campaigns and reporting with automation.
#2. Create an email list with GetResponse: Building and growing an email list has NEVER been easier
Easy to use drag and drop interface: GetResponse uses drag and drop editor which makes it easy for anyone to create emails within seconds. If you want to create an email campaign with GetResponse, all you need to do is to click on “Create Newsletter” from the dashboard, pick an email template and start writing. You can drag images, text, blocks or social media icons to your emails copy.
Here’s the screenshot of the dashboard. and then the step by step guide to create an e-newsletter with GetResponse.
Once you click on the “Create Newsletter” button, it will take you to the next step where you will see this.
Instead of picking the “HTML editor” option, click on “Drag and drop email editor” option to create emails real quick.
Once you click on the drag and drop editor, it will ask you to enter a subject line for your email. Write a captivating subject line to improve your open rates.
You will then see a list of email templates, simply pick one among to them start creating emails.
- Access to 500+ templates: GetResponse has over 500 stunning templates which you can use to create email newsletters. It doesn’t matter what niche you are in (be it marketing, fitness or educational), GetResponse has all the email templates. Pick any one among them and start using drag and drop editor to create email newsletters really quickly. It’s as simple as that.
- Access to thousands of images: We all know an image is worth a thousand words. Is it really possible to use images in your emails? Yes, of course when you use GetResponse. They also give you access to over 1000 beautiful and royalty free images. What else could you ask for?
- The best autoresponder software in the market: An autoresponder is what you allows you to send emails to your subscribers automatically. Creating an autoresponder series is extremely easy with GetResponse.
#3 GetResponse analytics: Want to figure out which emails are performing best?
1) A/B Split testing with GetResponse:
Then give a try to GetResponse A/B testing. You can create 2 or more different email subject lines and easily find out which one is performing well among the two.
A/B testing on your emails also helps you quickly increase your email open rates, click through rates and overall conversions. You can further leverage A/B split testing to test 2 or more versions of entire email copy and much more.
2) One Click Segmentation:
They also have a feature called “one-click segmentation” that allows you to segment people who did not engage (click, read or perform what the CTA intended them to do) with your newsletter. This is very essential in a typical autoresponder sequence so that you can send these subscribers another set of email aimed at converting them to do what you intended, rather than pushing them to the next buying level.
3) Comparing two different email campaigns:
We talked about A/b testing but with this feature you can test two different versions of your email campaigns and see how they performed against each other. This is a good way to see which email copy or what offer did entice your readers to take action over your mails sent.
Apart from these,
GetResponse email analytics helps you to set automatics reports that you get like every 3 days after each email campaign is published. This will be delivered to you via mail that you don’t need to check back in for the email stats.
You can also track the ROI you got for your email campaigns by asking GetResponse to track the number of sales your emails brought to your website. This is done by adding a mini tracking code on your website.
#4. Creating webinars with GetResponse:
If you are running a small business and looking for fastest, cheapest and highly productive ways to boost your business and grow your list, webinars is for you.
Webinars which are also known as web based seminars used for building email lists, increasing traffic and sales. You should definitely check out this 60 second video on “Why Webinars” and what you are missing out if you are not doing webinars.
Webinars convert REALLY better. That’s the reason why almost every influential marketing expert is doing frequent webinars these days. Neil Patel, Pat Flynn, Brian Clark are few of the marketing experts who are using webinars to take their conversion rates to the next level.
Marketing experts like Amy Porterfield, Kimra Luna have gone from being broken to making billions with webinars as the sole selling machine. GetResponse can help you in this journey but let’s see how:
Here’s where GetResponse comes into play. As I said earlier, it’s the perfect all-in-one online marketing automation platform that also allows you do webinars.
Creating webinars with GetResponse involves in 3 simple steps.
- Naming the webinar
- Designing and
- Publishing (or scheduling your webinars)
Let’s talk about them in detail now.
#1. Naming your webinar: Create a URL for your webinar by using a powerful title. Also include at what type the webinar is going live. Also make sure to pick the right times to send reminders to your participants (usually before a day, week or an hour etc).
#2. Creating your webinar: Fortunately GetResponse webinars features has a collection of pre-designed webinar templates which you can use to create webinars within few seconds. Just pick a template and start editing as per requirements. As it’s a drag and drop editor, you won’t find it hard to make changes to your webinar registration pages.
#3. Publishing your webinar: You can either publish your webinars right away or schedule it according to your timings. You will have 100% control over the number of reminder emails your registrants receive. You can also include social sharing buttons on your webinars using GetResponse one-click sharing options.
Here are few important things you can do with GetResponse webinars.
- Include whiteboards, charts and polls.
- You can also include chat section to engage with your registrants.
- You can see your webinar data instantly. You can also see how long the webinar lasted and how many your registrants participated on your webinars etc.
- You can also analyze detailed attendee statistics (details such as where they came from, how long they were in your webinar room during the webinar)
- You can easily track conversion stats with registrant and attendee ratios
- You can also upload images and files
So there you go. GetResponse helps you create webinars within a few minutes even if you are a complete newbie. You are not only saving a lot of money but a lot of time.
#5. Design stunning landing pages within seconds
Landing pages, sales pages, squeeze pages – whatever you call, they are designed to increase your overall website conversions including sales.
Unfortunately creating landing pages used to be either a tedious job or too expensive but only until the arrival of GetResponse landing page builder.
Yes, with GetResponse you can also create high converting landing pages within seconds. And you don’t have to rob a bank as their landing page builder is cost effective which is also a part of their marketing platform.
Publishing a landing page is really easy and within 3 steps you can do it (no coding skills need whatsoever).
- Pick a template: There are over 100 beautifully designed landing page templates are available in GetResponse repository. Simply pick a landing page template that suits your marketing needs.
- Customize your landing page: You will have access to GetResponse drag and drop editor so you can customize your landing pages with text, various colors, images etc. You can literally edit any part of the page you are in. It’s that simple.
- Publish it with just ONE click: You can publish the landing pages you create with GetResponse landing page builder wherever you want. You can publish them on either your own websites or you can also use GetResponse free web hosting platform (you will get a random link and you can use it anywhere you want!).
The GetResponse landing builder includes the following features.
- Mobile responsive templates
- Built-in email opt-in forms
- Drag and drop editor for easy customization
- Over 100 pre-designed templates
- Access to their image library
- The ability to perform A/B testing on your landing pages
Are you convinced that GetResponse is the perfect all-in-one marketing solution for your online needs? Then, why not give a try to it ?
#6. Pricing that makes it accessible to small business and startups
You might have a question in your mind now. Why should I pick GetResponse when I have too many alternatives? That’s a great question.
So let’s talk about it.
Here are few of the most popular alternatives to GetResponse. We will discuss about their features along with the pricing briefly.
- MailChimp: Although MailChimp is free for first 2000 subscribers but as your list grows you will need to pay more than GetResponse and it clearly lacks a lot of features including the ability to do webinars, creating landing pages, importing etc. Mailchimp isn’t an automation tool at all.
- Hubspot: Hubspot is the #1 industry leading software for email marketing. But you can’t do too many things with it and it has so many complexed functionalities. Moreover, it’s too expensive when compared to GetResponse. Their basic plan starts at $200 per month whereas GetResponse starts at $15 per month. HUGE difference.
- AWeber: AWeber has great features and it is widely used worldwide for email marketing. But it lacks a lot of things when you compare to GetResponse and GetResponse has the better pricing, functionality, deliverability rate and the ability to do almost everything with email marketing.
- iContact: Although it has a lot of great features but it has a poor interface when compared to GetResponse.
Now you know why GetResponse clearly wins the race when compared to its competitors.
That being said, here’s a quick overview of GetResponse pricing.
GetResponse currently has 3 pricing plans.
- Email (perfect choice for marketing beginners)
- Pro (right fit for small businesses)
- Max (perfect for marketing professionals)
Here’s the pricing breakdown for these 3 plans
- Up to 1,000 subscribers: $15 (‘Email’) / $49 (‘Pro’) / $165 (‘Max’).
- 1,001 to 2,500 subscribers: $25 / $49 / $165
- 2,501 to 5,000 subscribers: $45 / $49 / $165
- 5,001 to 10,000 subscribers: $65 / $75 / $ 165
- 10,001 to 25,000 subscribers: $145 / $165 / $255
- 25,001 to 50,000 subscribers: $250 / $280 / $370
- 50,001 to 100,000 subscribers: $450 / $490 / $580
GetResponse Cyber Monday Deals & discount coupon code 2016:
In case you want to try out GetResponse, they always have Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals & discount coupons to cut the price short so that everyone can avail them. Click the button below to check the latest GetResponse discount coupon codes.Check the latest discount codes here
And in you want to try GetResponse out prior to committing any billing, you can do so for free by clicking the link below.
Click here to start your 30 day free trial with GetResponse (no credit card required!)
GetResponse vs MailChimp:
If you wan to compare MailChimp with GetResponse you should do it with the paid version of MailChimp since the free version doesn’t have automation and other high-level features like landing page templates etc. With the paid version compared MailChimp’s pricing is way too high for what it offers.
Moreover, the marketing automation feature that GetResponse recently announced is something I have never heard of with MailChimp. Here is the detailed comparison of GetResponse vs MailChimp that I recommend you to read.
Aweber vs GetResponse deliverity:
With aweber being also one of the top email marketing services out there, they offer exact or equal services as GetResponse does. But recently, the level of automation GetResponse has brought with it is not yet addressed by aweber.
With these marketing automation facility, you can categorize lists, send automatic emails to non-openers and a separate campaign to your email clickers so that they buy. Similarly you can automate upsells to buyers or even subscribers and you don’t have t appoint someone to do this for every new addition to the list.
The automation campaign sends it to every new lead that goes through different funnel based on the triggers you’ve set. This level of automation is absolutely necessary if you manage big emails or subscribers/customer base.
In case of deliverity, aweber has a slight better deliverity rate than GetResponse has. But the emails sent from GetResponse do have a higher open-rates which somehow manages the gap.
NOTE: With aweber, you have to pay for even unsubscriber email address until you remove them manually (yes I just said that) and if you have multiple lists (like suppose a reader subscribed to two of your content updates on your blog, he will have two email addresses on two different lists) then you have to pay twice for those email address with aweber. GetResponse, however only counts active subscribers and has advanced monitoring to count multiple instances of same email id as one so that you pay once for each subscriber. So choose wisely!
With this, we come to the FAQs section of GetResponse review:
Few questions you might have before picking GetResponse:
#1. Is GetResponse the right choice for me?
If you are a small business owner, blogger or marketer, you know how important to build and grow an email list. Making money from your list requires you to do a lot of things including sending autoresponders, marketing automation, A/B testing and a lot more. Here’s where an all-rounder online marketing platform like GetResponse comes into handy.
#2. What are all the things I can do with GetResponse?
Here are few benefits of using it.
- You can build and grow your email list
- You can create email autoresponder series
- You can import your existing lists
- You can perform A/B testing
- You can create landing pages
- You can create webinars
- You can automate your email marketing efforts and a LOT more.
#3. Is it expensive?
No, when you compare to GetResponse competitors, it’s really cheap and offers a lot of value to automate your online marketing efforts. You can find more details in the pricing section mentioned above in this article.
#4. Okay sounds great, where can I get GetResponse?
GetResponse offers a 30 day free trial which you can pick from here .
#5. GetResponse Smartphone support:
GetResponse has native apps for both android and IOS so you can send, track and monitor your email campaigns with ease.
GetResponse Customer testimonials:
GetResponse has been the favorite email marketing tool of many pro marketers like Neil Patel and none other than Peep Laja of ConversionXL.com. Here is a small video about what Neil Patel has to say on his GetResponse experience:
Final verdict about using GetResponse as marketing automation tool:
Building and growing an online business is not easy. It takes a lot of time, efforts and money. Email marketing is the ONE thing that’s absolutely critical for any small business.
But finding the right email marketing software is difficult as there are so many options out there. Make sure you are NOT spending on expensive products when you are just starting out.
This is where affordable all-in-one online marketing platform like GetResponse comes into handy. It is fully equipped with all the marketing features you need to automate your email marketing campaigns ranging from autoresponder to split testing to creating stunning landing pages.
If you want save time and money on your marketing campaigns, give GetResponse a try and you won’t regret the decision.
Do you have any questionsregarding this GetResponse review? If you find this article helpful, please share it with your friends so they can benefit. Do let me know your thoughts in the comment section.Try GetResponse Now!
- Free to try