Like any other marketing statistics, the importance of branding to a business cannot be underestimated.
Done the right way, branding can give your users a lasting experience while earning you their trust.
In this guide, I will reveal the latest branding statistics that will change your perspective about branding forever.
Branding statistics 2023
Branding is a critical aspect of marketing, so being updated with the latest statistics and trends is vital for every company that wants to remain relevant in its industry.
When done the right way, brand consistency can give prospects a reason to choose you instead of the competition and turn random web surfers to repeat customers.
Below are some of the latest branding statistics that will interest you.
Let’s get started.
- Why is branding important statistics
- Branding For Job Seeker Statistics
- Brand recognition statistics
- Visual branding statistics
- Social media branding statistics
- Content marketing branding statistics
- Personal branding statistics
Why is branding important statistics
Let’s start with the importance of branding:
1. Brand consistency across all channels can boost revenue by 23%.
2. 77% of marketing professionals said that a strong brand is vital to their growth plans.
3. 26% of consumers said they tend to be more loyal to brands compared to products.
4. 66% of marketers believe their organization will rather sacrifice growth instead of hurting their brand.
5. 94% of customers say they will be loyal to brands that offer complete brand transparency.
6. Consumers who connect with a brand emotionally have a 306% higher lifetime value (LTV).
7. 31% of consumers say trustworthiness is the most crucial brand attribute.
8. 77% of customers say they’ve held strong relationships with specific brands for ten years or more.
Relevant read: 51+ email marketing statistics
Branding for Job seeker statistics
Here are a few job seekers branding statistics that we found interesting:
1. 78% of job seekers say that the overall experience is a clear sign of how a company values its employees.
2. A great employer brand generates 50% more qualified job candidates.
3. 84% of job candidates consider a company’s reputation as an employer when deciding where to apply for a job.
4. Even for higher pay, 50% of job seekers wouldn’t work for a company with a poor brand reputation.
5. 85% of job searches today begin in a search engine; people search for a company the same way they search for solutions to their problems, which is why employer branding is critical.
6. 72% of global recruiters say that the employer brand significantly impacts the hiring process.
Brand recognition statistics
1. Color has a significant impact on brand recognition by up to 80%.
2. Presenting your brand consistently irrespective of the channel can improve revenue by up to 23%.
3. Music can result in a 46% boost in brand favorability.
4. 33% of the top 100 brands in the world included a blue colour in their logos.
5. Companies with consistent branding have 3.5x more possibility of getting strong brand visibility than inconsistent brands.
6. People can form a first impression of a company’s logo in 10 seconds.
Visual branding statistics
1. 38% of internet users will stop visiting a website if the layout is not attractive.
2. 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a business or brand they patronize.
3. 70% of businesses invest in visual content marketing.
4. By 2021, global web traffic from video content will amount to 82% of all consumer internet traffic.
5. Video is the primary form of media used in content marketing.
6. People are likely to remember only 10% of the information they hear after three days. But if a relevant image is used with the same information, people can retain up to 65% of the same information three days later.
7. Gaming, healthcare, and education are the top three industries expected to invest more in virtual reality (VR) technology for business growth.
Social media branding statistics
1. 93% of brands got a new customer from a video shared on social media.
2. Brands get up to 37% of their total impressions on Instagram from Instagram Stories.
3. Companies create or brand up to 70% of hashtags on Instagram.
4. 77% of customers feel more positive about brands that reply to their Tweets.
5. 12% of social media users say they follow brands about new products and services.
6. Visual content has a 40x chance of getting shared on social media.
7. Brands are now leveraging Instagram for advertising than ever as Instagram ads grew by 43% in 2018.
Relevant article: 51+ SEO statistics [updated]
Content marketing branding statistics
1. 78% of consumers say that brands that focus on custom content are more trustworthy than brands that produce only generic content.
2. Companies that blog generate 67% more leads than brands that don’t blog.
3. 70% of consumers feel closer to brands that focus on content marketing.
4. Content marketing campaigns get 3x the leads per dollar spent than paid search gets.
5. 63% of brands do not have a documented content marketing strategy.
6. 67% of B2B marketers say that webinars are the most effective content marketing strategy.
7. Video is now the primary media format used in content marketing, overtaking infographics and blogs by a higher margin.
Personal branding statistics 2023
1. Consumers are almost 3x more likely to consider a brand that shows personal value more than business value.
2. 94% of consumers will be more loyal to a brand that provides complete transparency.
3. Leads built via employee social marketing convert seven times more frequently than other leads.
4. 60% of consumers in the United States based their purchasing decisions on the company’s executives’ values, words, and actions.
5. Brands with high levels of employee engagement can have three times higher customer satisfaction ratings.
6. 54% of teenagers say they have intentionally purchased or stopped patronizing a brand due to its ethics.
Statistics of using emotion for branding
1. Brands that produce purely emotional content performed about 2x better than those with only rational content.
2. Consumers prefer brands that show personal value via emotional appeals.
3. Over 60% of people surveyed prefer positive content with “amazement,” “joy,” and “admiration.”
4. Brand color plays a significant role in evoking emotion from consumers.
5. Eliciting fear in marketing campaigns helps a brand be seen as the one good thing in a dark world.
6. When consumers have a positive emotional association with a brand, they are 6.6x more likely to pardon a company’s mistake, 7.1x more likely to buy more from the company, and 8.4x more likely to trust the brand.
7. B2B brands appeal more to customers when using emotive rather than rational marketing messages.
8. Consumers prefer having a positive emotional bond with a brand to customer satisfaction.
Conclusion: Latest Branding Statistics for 2023
It will be a wise idea to invest time and effort into your company branding today. A strong brand with huge recognition can earn you lots of loyal customers and money.
Use the insights from the branding statistics shared here to build an excellent brand that will help you retain more customers and reduce marketing costs for your business.