Cook’d pro genesis child theme has taken the food blogging industry by a storm and is selling like hot cakes, thanks to the spectacular features introduced by Shay Bocks.
In this Cook’d pro theme review, I’ll introduce you to the best ever food blog theme. Take a look at how it can take the panache of your savory dishes into a whole new level.
Table of Contents
Why Cook’d Pro Genesis Child Theme is the New Talk of the Food Town?
As I said, Shay Bocks is a genesis theme expert and has created several beautiful themes for food and restaurant bloggers.
Before I say anything, you gotta check out the beauty of the theme itself. Click here to view the full demo (opens in a new tab).
Not only in beauty, Cook’d pro is feature packed, minimalist which gives you enough space to feature your content the way you like ‘em and is a genesis child theme, which means it is fast, SEO-optimized (to help your food blog rank higher in search results) and secure to the core.
The large hero image area above the fold helps you feature your most delicious recipes and it has widgetized homepage design which is in trend because it can feature many categories of recipes on the same homepage and make your first-time visitor feel addicted to your writing and imagery.
This makes it the best cooking blog template amongst others.
Genesis is actually the brain-child of CopyBlogger media and they are the authority in the business.
The light-weight and premium feel of genesis themes makes it the favorite of many reputed food blogs like www.PinchOfYum.com.
Cook’d Pro Theme Review 2022: Features Overview
Like all other food blog theme reviews, we’ll first look at the cook’d pro theme features and how it can help you take your recipes and food tutorials a notch higher.
- Cook’d pro theme is minimal: Minimal themes can give your content the persona it needs. Instead of having a cluttered design the large hero section as i discussed above helps you to feature your latest and attention grabbing food post.
- Widgetized homepage: To feature many categories on the homepage itself.
- Ad optimized: Let’s all agree that ads are what help us run a food blog and cook’d pro helps you maximize your earning with strategic ad placements optimized for AdSense, media.net ads or any affiliate banners (Amazon etc). Cook’d pro is the best AdSense ad optimized food blog theme you can find.
It has a large leaderboard ad near the logo. The first place to catch the attention of visitors along with other strategic positions.
- Recipe filter index: To help you create to help you create multiple recipe indexes without touching the codes.
- HTML5 markup and mobile responsive: So that you don’t get penalized by search engines for not being mobile responsive. Use the Cook’d pro theme to win hearts of your mobile visitors. Check the screenshot above to see how good the theme looks on mobile and other devices.
- Works with Heart this: With popular demand, Cook’d pro integrates with the heart this plugin to enable your visitors heart your posts (just like they do on Twitter and Facebook) if they like a particular post.
- Food blog theme with Woocommerce integration: Cook’d pro theme is woo-commerce integrated so that you can sell your own food products, courses or even affiliate products right on your blog.
- Other features: Cook’d pro has in-built stylish social share buttons, easy integration with optin forms (MailChimp, for example) and contact form so that you don’t need to buy a premium contact form plugin.
5 Reasons Why Cook’d Pro is the Best Food Blog Template From StudioPress
You can not only use it out of the box on your food blog but also on any blog related to recipes like bakery blog templates no matter you have a healthy vegetarian food blog or creative cookery blog.
Cook’d pro is fully flexible and feature-rich theme.
Here are the reasons why it is being the favorite of top food blogs in the World and why buying it is the best decision for your food blog that you’ve taken.
1) Built on Genesis Framework
Genesis framework is the largest selling theme shop in the world. Most authority site you’ll ever find are using themes powered by genesis or StudioPress (the company name).
Almost a majority of the themes listed in our ever-updated best WordPress blog themes listicle use the genesis framework.
Here’s why this matters:
Themes powered by genesis framework are very cleanly coded and they are lightning fast. Google favors sites with good loading time and thus it will help your SEO.
Also, in a research, we find that 47% of the site visitors expect your sight to load within 2 seconds and 40% of them abandon your site forever (hey! There are tons of food blogs waiting for them) if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.
In the test below, I tested a site with cook’d pro genesis child theme and it loaded below 2 seconds. See!
How can it help you: Having an SEO-optimized food blog theme can bring your site up in the Google search results and thus you can attract visitors that are not just from your food community.
2) Site Security
Free and un-updated or cheap themes are the number one reason for site hacks. Having a genesis powered child theme makes your site secure and thus saves your hard work from being taken away. With Cook’d pro being a genesis child theme, your blog is air-tight secure from hackers.
3) Minimalist Yet Alluring Design
Cook’d pro takes the essence of minimal genesis child themes for food and lifestyle blogs and mixes it with subtle eloquence that makes your content, recipe images and other food affiliate products stand out.
How can it help you: Having a site that features and celebrates your content makes your readers glued to your site. You just don’t get an elegant food blog theme, but also have something that doesn’t dominate your content with its beauty.
The classic logo uploader for your retina-ready logo or favicon, widgetized or grid archives pages and opt in areas all give your branding and cooking images and videos the space they require.
4) WooCommerce Ready
Want to sell your recipes, food crash courses and other products directly on your food blog?
Cook’d pro is your wooCommerce ready food and recipe blog WordPress theme. It also has custom landing pages to announce offers and give optin freebies to your readers.
5) In-built Widgetized Recipe Page Template for Cook’d Pro
Cook’d pro has all the post and page templates that attracted on your favorite food blogs. Now with cook’d pro you can have those on your own cooking website and publish your food and bakery recipe amongst others.
Cook’d pro itself has various shortcodes inbuilt to use your recipe sites but it also seamlessly integrates with the free easy recipe WordPress plugin to give your recipe entry the magic it had been waiting for.
How can it help you: With Cook’d pro, you can make your recipe entry a breeze, with features like cut and paste, auto conversion of your plain text recipe posts, live custom formatting, Google Recipe View formatting and preview button, automatic ratings, conversion from other recipe plugins like ZipList, RecipeSEO and Recipe Card.
This also helps you to set recipe view in Google so that your post ranking in Google provides the exact information your visitors are looking for directly on the search page.
It shows the voting, the time required to prepare and the calories in each serving of the food recipe. This will increase the click-through rate of your site and hence boost your food blog’s SEO ranking.
Plugins Needed With Cook’d Pro Genesis Child Theme
While the cook’d pro is a feature-rich and self-sufficient food template like all other premium food blog themes, here are some essential WordPress plugins to help you even more customize it.
Please note, these all are optional and your theme will absolutely work as it should without this.
1) Social Snap: The social sharing plugin I use. It helps you set custom tweets, a pre-defined custom tall Pinterest image that users share when they click on Pinterest. The plugin is very light-weight and customizable to your blog’s branding. Check out the plugin here.
2) Genesis enews extended (free): to integrate email newsletter with your favorite email marketing service.
3) Heart this (free): to give rating and heart vote system by visitors on their liked recipes or posts on your blog.
Recommended Hosting by the Makers
In case you haven’t started your food blog yet, or are looking for the best hosting for your food blog, Shay Bocks recommends FlyWheel for maximum performance (read my Flywheel hosting review to learn more).
Or, I’d suggest to go with Bluehost if you cannot afford Flywheel ($15/month).
Bluehost will cost you below $4 per month and is also one of the best hosting recommended at that price.
Please Note: There is no strict rule to use any particular web hosting, the site and theme will work as it should no matter what hosting you choose.
Cook’d Pro Review: Theme support and Documentation
Theme support is what makes a premium theme different from the other ones.
With your investment on the theme, Shay Bocks the owner and fabulous genesis designer provides you with handwritten documentation and step by step tutorials that you’d need to set up cook’d pro theme on your food blog.
This all without spending a buck on a designer.
Furthermore, if you have any errors or doubts while setting up your recipe blog template you can reach out to her and her developers will help you in no time.
They are highly professional and are ever-ready to help you out.
Cook’d Pro Theme Pricing Review
The Cook’d pro genesis food blog theme costs only $75 if you already have the genesis framework. While the pricing isn’t much if you compare getting a custom designed theme hiring a designer for $800-$1500 it isn’t the cheapest either.
You can get cheaper themes but that would nowhere come close to the benefits that Cook’d pro will have on your food blog’s SEO and branding.
Plus, your blog is your virtual office, so make sure it is branded and conversion-optimized. This is the best investment you can make to grow your blog.
My Verdict: Cook’d Pro Theme Review 2022
With this I wrap up the cook’d pro review. The summary is that this is the perfect investment you can make for your dream food blog.
Cook’s Pro theme isn’t just about the branding, it’s a minimalist theme that empowers your content with filterable recipe posts, big hero food images prominently and yet makes space for ads to help you make a profitable money-making food blog.
My Recommendation: Your blog is your virtual office where you meet potential clients, create an impression on visitors, make sales and generate revenue.
If you were to create/rent a brick and mortal store that would cost 1000 times more. An investment in a premium theme is the best investment you can make.