Looking for the latest CRM statistics for 2023?
Look no further because, in this exclusive research, we’ve teamed up with leading brands to bring you the latest and mindblowing statistics related to CRM software like CRM adoption statistics and CRM software market size.
Quick navigation (Jump to a category)
- Key Summary of CRM statistics
- CRM adoption and usage statistics
- CRM market size and growth statistics
- CRM benefits and productivity statistics
- CRM software and platform statistics
- FAQs on CRM Usage, Adoption Rate, and Usage Statistics for 2023
Summary: Top CRM statistics in 2023
About 91% of the companies with 10 or more employees now use a CRM and 56% of companies with less than 10 employees use a CRM.
CRMs will see a mindblowing 12% CRM adoption growth (yearly) between now and the next five years (2028)
Studies on CRM ROI statistics reveal that using CRM software bring in a 30x ROI ($30.48 for every $1 spend, to be precise).
Companies with total adoption of CRM platofrms have reported a 30% hike in productivity rates.
74% of the companies with CRM have reported it improved their access to customer data.
Mobile CRM vs. Non mobile CRM: 65% of the companies using mobile CRM achieved their sales quota as compared to 22% of the companies not using a mobile CRM.
FAQs on CRM Usage, Adoption Rate, and Usage Statistics for 2023
1. What percentage of CRM market value is the CRM cloud revenue?
According to Grandview Research, CRM cloud revenue accounts for up to 50% of the total CRM market value.
2. What is the success rate of CRM?
CRM software has an ROI of 30x and companies that implement CRM have reported an increase in overall sales by 29% and boosted forecasting accuracy by 32%. Also, 47% of CRM users say it helps in customer retention rates.
3. How big is the CRM industry?
The CRM industry accounts for 29% of the whole software industry with a valuation of $63.91 billion in 2022 and is expected to reach $80 billion by 2025.
4. How fast is CRM growing?
The CRM industry is growing at a jaw-dropping rate of 12% CAGR between now and 2028 and is expected to reach a $129 billion market size in the next 5 years.
5. Does CRM have a future?
The future for CRM appears bright with a 12% CAGR growth rate and companies have reported success having an ROI of $30 for every $1 spent and a 29% increase in overall sales by using CRM. So, CRM definitely has a future.
6. How many people are using CRM?
92% of all companies with 10 or more employees and 52% of companies with less than 9 employees are using a CMS. Salesforce, a popular CRM software company, alone has a whopping 150,000 customers and growing at a rate of 12%.
CRM Adoption and Usage Statistics in 2023
CRM adoption has been rapidly increasing within every organization that wants growth.
Here are some CRM adoption and usage statistics:
1. More than 91% of organizations with more than ten employees on the team use CRM software and systems
The study shows that 91% of companies with more than ten employees use customer relationship management systems.
The above CRM usage data shows that you don’t have to be a big corporate or a unicorn startup, even smaller organizations and SMBs leverage simpler CRM software like Hubspot, etc. to maintain operations.
2. About 28% of millennials find CRM usage essential for their business and organization
It is found that 28% of millennials consider CRM implementation critical to business growth, compared to 9% of baby boomers (born between 1946 & 1964) and 18% of generation X (born between 1965 to 1980).
Managing sales cycles, workflow automation, and completing sales quotas are some tasks that salespeople including millennials get done using streamlined CRM software.
3. 82% of global organizations use CRM applications for reporting and automating business processes
About 82% of organizations prefer to use CRM applications to report and automate business processes.
This includes data entry automation and streamlining various departments such as marketing, sales, production, etc.
4. Within the first five years, organizations start implementing a CRM system
Wondering at what time or stage of a business does it consider using a CRM?
We found out that organizations (big or small) hop over to implementing customer relationship management software within the first 5 years of their business.
5. Professional services industry accounts for over 30% of Salesforce’s total customer base
More than 30% of the total customer base of Salesforce belongs to the professional service industry. This includes finance, marketing, consulting firms, etc.
Other customer segments of salesforce are operations managers, business owners, salespeople, and customer service teams.
6. Customer support and service is the largest segment in the CRM market industry, with a total of 35.5% share
According to the study by Gartner, over 35% of the CRM industry’s market share accounts for the customer support and service segment.
Thai also emphasizes how CRM is useful in tracking and reporting sales data for business growth.
- Latest digital marketing statistics that will blow your mind
- Branding statistics that you shouldn’t miss
CRM Market Size and Growth Statistics 2023
Here are some mindblowing CRM market size and industry statistics that will show you how big the CRM industry is and how much is it worth.
7. CRM is the fastest-growing industry in the software market and is expected to reach the $80 billion mark by 2025
CRM is the fastest-growing industry of all software segments and is expected to reach $80 billion in global revenue by 2025.
Currently, it stands at USD 63.91 billion.
This CRM growth rate statistic will help you understand the growth and opportunity in the CRM industry.
8. In the United States, the market size of the CRM industry is approximately $43 billion
The latest report suggests that the market size of the entire CRM industry in the United States is approximately $43 billion. And it has grown in the last five years at an annual growth rate of 12.9%.
9. More than 46% of CRM revenue share comes from the referral and individual CRM segment
In 2021, the individual and referral CRM segment accounted for approximately 46% of the total share.
This also suggests that businesses consider referrals a strong trust signal before trying any CRM software.
10. The total market size of the global CRM industry is expected to grow at an annual compound rate of 13.3% up to 2030
The expected growth rate for the market size of the CRM industry is around 13.3% (CAGR) from 2022 to 2030. This way, the CRM industry can easily cross the $100 billion landmark by 2030.
Last year (in 2021), the global market size was around USD 52.4 billion.
11. The global customer relationship management industry is valued at USD 63.91 billion in 2022
Wondering about the valuation of the global CRM industry?
Currently (in 2022), the market size of the customer relationship management industry is valued at $63.91.
It is also projected that the total value will be around $96.39 billion, considering the annual growth rate of 11.1 to 13.3%.
12. In the software industry, CRM accounts for 29% of the share, the largest by any segment
Wondering what percentage of the total software industry is the CRM industry?
The global CRM industry is responsible for 29% of the total enterprise software market size, which is the largest for any segment.
That means CRM is currently the world’s largest software market and the fastest-growing segment in the market.
13. The Middle East and Africa have the highest CAGR growth for the CRM industry
Looking for data on the growth of the CRM market industry based on regions or countries?
The above chart highlights the CAGR growth of the customer relationship management software market from 2016 to 2025.
This shows that the highest growth rate will be from the Middle East and Africa. Second is Asia-Pacific, with a CAGR% of 14.5%.
CRM Benefits and Productivity Statistics 2023
CRM is a powerful business tool that helps organizations and the workforce improve productivity and efficiency.
It includes key benefits such as automating customer data entry, managing leads and conversions, creating audience segmentation, and much more.
The below statistics will help you understand how CRM systems contribute to business growth.
14. It is estimated that the average ROI of using CRM systems is $30.48 for one USD spending
ROI is one of the key metrics to measure the success of any business process. In the case of CRM, it is estimated that the ROI of spending $1 is approximately $30.48.
In simple words, organizations can generate approximately $30 by spending $1 on CRM software.
- Mindblowing Wix statistics on the number of users, market size, and revenue
- Email marketing statistics, trends, and usage data for you to know
15. Using social and mobile CRM systems can increase workplace productivity by 14.6%
Decision makers in a company claim that integrating mobile and social CRM can boost workplace productivity by 14.6%.
There are many benefits of using social and mobile CRM in an organization. For example, employees and team members can access customer insights from any device and engage with customers.
Another Nuclear Research Report states that of companies with a mobile CRM, 65% of them achieved their sales quota vs. 22% of companies that achieved their sales quota without a mobile CRM.
16. 50% of organizations use CRM data for creating accurate and up-to-date forecasts
CRM software not only helps in tracking customer data and behavior but also contributes to successful forecasting reports.
It is found that almost 50% of companies use CRM applications to create accurate and timely forecasts.
17. CRM applications can increase overall sales by 29%
If you’re not sure whether CRM systems can be beneficial for your business growth or not, then this statistic is for you.
Organizations using CRM software have claimed an increase in overall sales by 29% and boosted forecasting accuracy by 32%.
18. 53% of Salespeople using CRM data seems to be more confident than those who’re not using it effectively
Top-performing salespeople have a higher confidence level in their CRM data than their counterparts; of the top group, 53% are very confident, According to LinkedIn’s Sales Report.
This also impacts the business’s bottom line, where the sales team has enough customer insights for better conversion. And this leads to higher sales and revenue.
CRM Software and Platform Statistics 2023
There are many software and platforms available in the global CRM industry. Some of the most popular CRM tools are salesforce, Freshdesk, intercom, Zoho, and more.
Let’s find out the top statistics of various CRM platforms all over the globe.
19. Qualtrics is the leading CRM software company with more than $800 million in revenue as of June 2022
After the second quarter performance, Qualtrics is the leading CRM company with $811.5 million in revenue, ahead of Zoho (500 million U.S. dollars).
The chart below shows the top 10 companies of 2022 (as of June 2022) in business revenue.
20. In 2022, Intercom is the most popular mobile CRM system with a 45% integration reach
Among Android applications, Intercom was the most popular mobile CRM SDK with a 45% integration reach as of July 2022. Second-ranked Auth0 ranked second with 11% of apps that used CRM SDKs, and Tobit ranked third.
21. Salesforce is at the number one position with a market share of 26.64%
Regarding the market share of CRM SaaS companies, Salesforce sits at the top with a market share of 23.8%. In fact, Salesforce has had the highest market share in the industry for the last six consecutive years.
Other top CRM companies are SAP (5.4% market share), Oracle (5.1% market share), Microsoft (5.3% market share), and Adobe (3,8% market share).
22. Salesforce CRM company’s revenue growth is at 18.8% annually
The market leader, salesforce’s annual revenue growth is around 18.8% which is expected to grow in the coming years. Technological advancements and cloud-based solutions are playing a pivotal role in Salesforce’s high growth rate.
Some of the key features that help to grow the customer base are:
- Customer 360 program
- Options for third-party integrations
- Complete solution for all industry
23. HubSpot has increased its revenue from the subscription model by 2.39 times since 2017
Hubspot offers a monthly and yearly subscription plan for its CRM solutions. And one of the key challenges of a subscription business model is the churn rate.
However, HubSpot has managed to grow its subscription model revenue by 2.39 times since the start of 2017.
24. It is estimated that more than 150,000 businesses use Salesforce CRM software
Each global CRM brand needs to hire thousands of employees to operate business operations and customer support. In terms of the number of employees, Salesforce is ahead of HubSpot.
Salesforce has more than 150,000 working employees, whereas HubSpot and Freshdesk have over 143,000 and 50,000 employees all over the world, respectively.
25. The revenue growth of Salesforce CRM software has been 51.22% (CAGR) over the last two decades
Positive revenue growth for every year shows the dominance of Salesforce in the CRM industry.
Salesforce revenue has grown at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 51.22% over the last 20 years.
26. Adobe is just ahead of Salesforce with total revenue of $2.4 billion
Wondering which is the most used CRM software in the world?
Adobe is the biggest CRM software solution provider, with its CRM revenue at $2.4 billion in 2020, ahead of Salesforce with revenue of $2.35 billion.
One of the reasons for Adobe leading the revenue race with Salesforce is that Adobe also provides various other products such as CMS, an experience management platform, customer journey analytics, and more.
- Statista 2022
- Forbes Business Insights
- Dynamic Consultants
- Nucleus Research
- LinkedIn State of Sales Report
- Grandview Research on the CRM market
Wrapping Up: CRM statistics for 2023
This was the ultimate list of CRM statistics for 2023, including various categories like adoption, growth rate, market size, CRM tools, and many more.
The CRM industry is exploding year after year. Not only does it make up for the largest portion of the software industry it also helps boost productivity and help achieve the sales quota for companies.
This page on CRM statistics, trends, and data is constantly updated to reflect recent changes in the industry.
If we’ve missed any important statistics, please let me know in the comments section below.