Looking for the latest Wix Statistics in 2023?
Or perhaps you might be searching how many people use Wix in 2023?
You’re at the right place!
With these up-to-date (updated bi-weekly) digital marketing stats and trends you will be able to get an idea about Wix’s market share and the current state of the platform.
Let’s get started.
Quick navigation (jump to a section you like)
- Wix usage statistics
- Wix revenue statistics
- Wix website statistics
- General Wix statistics
How many people use Wix?
According to official reports, Wix has more than 200 million users globally in 2021, 5.5 million of which are premium subscription customers.
In 2020 alone, the company added over 31 million new users.
How many websites use Wix?
According to W3Techs Indepth data, 3.5% of all websites using any form of content management system use Wix. This is equal to 2.5% of all websites in the world.
What is Wix market share?
Wix has a 3.5% market share as of February 2023 in the CMS industry according to original research conducted by us using W3tech.
What is Wix website builder?
Wix is a popular content management system (CMS) and website builder that you can use to create websites for blogging or business easily.
With a litany of pre-designed templates and helpful tools in its library, Wix allows you to easily build and sell via your website.
The platform is scalable, beginner-friendly, and ideal for every online business type, from personal blogs to small business websites.
That said, below are some of the fascinating statistics about Wix that will give you a better insight into this incredible website builder.
Wix usage statistics 2023
Here’s a list of 34 eye-opening Wix statistics for 2023:
1. Wix, the free and newbie-friendly website builder, was launched in 2006.
2. There are 367,024 premium Wix-based sites in the world today, 120,970 of which are based in the United States.
5. More than 44,000 apps are downloaded from the Wix App Market per day.
6. Wix reached 1 million users in 2009, 10 million users in 2011, 50 million users in 2014, and 200 million users editor x launched in 2021.
7. About 332,000 e-commerce websites are currently using Wix.
8. 45,000 new people join Wix on a daily basis.
9. Wix currently gets over 56.31 million visitors per month.
10. What is Wix’s Market Share?
Wix’s market share in the CMS market is currently 3.7% as of February 2023 which is up by almost 1.2% since July 2022. (Original data, Source: DigitalGYD)
11. Wix currently powers more than 3.8 million websites in the world.
12. Wix is the 2nd most popular website builder for the top 10k websites on the web today.
13. 11% of brands that use simple website-building technologies prefer Wix to other CMS platforms.
14. Wix added 132,000 premium users in the 2nd quarter of 2019.
15. Wix generated a revenue of 761 million in 2019.
16. Wix is currently available in 30 languages across the globe.
17. over 5100 employees are working in Wix, as per the annual report.
Relevant read: 51+ email marketing statistics
Wix revenue statistics
1. In the first quarter of 2021, a total of 7.5 million new users joined the Wix platform, which helped generate a total of $35.6 million.
2. 43% of Wix’s revenue comes from outside of North America
3. Here’s the revenue of Wix (2020 annual report) by geography:
- North America (57% of revenue)
- Europe (26% of revenue)
- Latin America (5% of revenue)
- And, 12% of total revenue comes from Asia and other areas.
Wix website statistics
1. 24.16% of wix.com traffic comes from searches.
2. Wix (31.03%), Wix login (3.17%), Wix.com (0.94%), Wixsite (0.87%), and Wix Website (0.76%) are the 5 most searched organic Wix keywords.
3. 24.30% of the search engine traffic comes from paid searches.
4. Wix users created 28 million mobile websites in 2017, making Wix one of the world’s largest mobile website development solutions.
5. There are more than 500 pre-designed Wix templates available for users.
6. About 44,000 Wix apps are installed by users every day on the internet.
7. Wix is currently the 5th most widely used Content Management System (CMS) on the internet.
8. The number of total registered users on Wix is more than 204 million.
9. The United States (120,912 websites), the United Kingdom (22,631), and Canada (17,076 websites) are the top three countries where Wix websites are used.
10. At least 4,565,423 live websites on the internet are using Wix as a CMS. In addition, there are 38,844 websites built on Wix that are redirects.
Relevant read: Surprising Instagram statistics
General Wix statistics
1. There are currently more than 500 industry-specific Wix templates available for users.
2. Wix went public in November 2013.
3. When it went public in 2013, Wix sold 7.7 million shares at $16.50 each, raising $127 million in one day.
4. Wix currently has more than 3000 employees in 10 countries (Israel, United States, Lithuania, Germany, Brazil, Ukraine, Ireland, India, Japan, and Canada).
5. Wix reached 1 million users in 2009 and hit 150 million users ten years later.
6. Wix reached $100 per share in 2017 – and its market cap was estimated to be $4.5 billion.
7. Wix had below 300,000 premium customers in 2011.
8. Wix had a 2.5 million premium user base in 2017.
9. Wix had 4.2 million premium subscribers in the first quarter of 2019, a 21% rise over the number of paid users at the end of the Q1 of 2018.
10. Wix added another 132,000 premium users in the 2nd quarter of 2019, making it a total of 4.3 million paid subscribers, Wix’s quarterly report.
11. Wix generated a total of $989 million in revenue in 2020.
12. In 2017, WIX acquired an online community for artists and designers (DeviantArt) for $36 million.
13. Wix has a total of 4.499 million paid subscribers.
14. Wix has an online marketplace known as the “Wix Arena.”
15. More than 50% of the people working on Wix focus on research and development.
16. The Wix App Market has more than 300 popular web applications.
17. Over 340k users on Wix build sites for others as a professional service, an untapped market for the company, as per the stakeholder report.
Relevant article: 51+ SEO statistics [updated]
18. What is the number of Wix templates?
Wix’s official repository has a total of 876 templates (as of March 2023) that is expected to grow every month. Apart from official Wix templates, there can be a number of untracked templates by developers and independent sellers too.
19. What are some of the largest companies that use Wix?
Some of the largest companies or popular websites that use Wix are Hackernoon (shop section), Unicef, LegalZoom, Glassdoor, Yell, Vevo (source: as advertised on the official Wix Website).
Wix is arguably one of the best (if not the best) free website builders on the internet today, with lots of impressive features.
Whether you want to build a personal online portfolio, a simple or advanced eCommerce website, or any type of website at all, Wix has something for you.
With the Wix statistics listed here, you can now understand the current state of Wix.
FAQs about Wix facts & numbers
1. What is Wix’s market share?
As you can see, Wix’s market share is 3.5% powering a whopping 1.2% of all websites using a CMS. This makes Wix the third largest content management system just below Shopify and WordPress.
2. How many websites are powered by Wix?
Based on the official announcement, Wix now powers over 200 million websites, about 5.5 million of which use Wix’s premium packages.
3. Is Wix Free?
Yes, Wix is free to use with certain limitations like displaying Wix ads on your site. However, they do offer paid plans for both website builders and e-commerce stores with additional features.
4. Wix rates: How much is Wix?
Wix has a variety of pricing plans based on what you need to get started and run an online business. Their basic website plan starts at $4.5 per month and pricing can go upwards of $100 based on functionalities and addons you add to your cart.