If you wonder how big the affiliate marketing industry is or what are the current trends, you’ll find this guide helpful.
Here, you’ll find the ultimate list of affiliate marketing statistics.
- Future growth & earning potential
- how affiliate marketing fares as compared to other digital marketing statistics
- Affiliate marketing with blogging
- Mobile marketing statistics
- Amazon affiliates, and so on.
Let’s explore the affiliate marketing stats that we are here for.
Affiliate marketing growth statistics 2022
Affiliate marketing accounts for 15% of the total revenue generated from online marketing.
Considering the statistics and market spend, it is safe to say that affiliate marketing is a growing industry globally.
Now, let’s jump into the growth statistics.
1. Over 80% of advertisers devote more than 10% of their marketing budget to affiliate marketing.
2. The search interest for “affiliate marketing” has increased by over 233% from 2015 to 2021.
3. Affiliate programs brought up to 15% to 30% of all sales for advertisers.
4. The affiliate marketing spend in the US alone is expected to reach $8.2 by 2022.
5. More than 80% of brands around the world utilize affiliate marketing.
6. One affiliate network (Commission Factory) owns over 75% of the Australian market.
7. Annual spending in affiliate marketing is projected to reach $6.8 billion by 2020 in the U.S.
8. Affiliate marketing is the source of over 16% of all eCommerce orders in Canada and the US.
9. Between 2016 and 2017, U.K. affiliate marketing sales increased by 9.2%.
10. The affiliate marketing spend in the U.S alone will reach $8.2 billion by 2022, according to Statista.
How big is the affiliate marketing industry?
Companies are heavily investing in affiliate programs to increase the number of leads and sales. And, this is what makes this industry huge. The affiliate marketing industry is worth over $12 billion globally.
Also, in terms of affiliate earning, the industry is growing year after year.
Affiliate marketing industry statistic
Affiliate marketing is a business model where companies pay a certain amount of commissions to third-party publishers (aka affiliate marketers) for generating traffic, leads, or sales.
Not sure about the global presence of the affiliate marketing industry?
Then, these stats will give you an overview.
1. The biggest player in the global affiliate marketing industry is the United States, with a total worth of $6.8 billion.
2. The keyword “affiliate marketing” is searched 90,500 times per month in the U.S. alone (data from Semrush KW tool).
3. Affiliate marketing spend reached the $6.4 billion mark in turnover in 2019.
4. More than 50% of the top affiliate programs fall within four categories: Fashion, Sports & Outdoor, Health/Wellness & Beauty, Travel.
5. The United States affiliate marketing spend is projected to reach $8.2 billion by 2022, up from $5.4 billion in 2017.
6. Brands spend £1.3B per year on lead generation and affiliate marketing in the U.K.
7. 78% of CMOs say that affiliate marketing is their least mastered side of digital marketing.
8. More than 80% of advertisers assign 10% of their marketing budget to affiliate marketing.
How do I become an affiliate marketer?
To become an affiliate marketer, you need to start with a niche. Even better if the niche has less competition and people are spending money on that industry. The next steps are finding the right affiliate programs for your audience, driving traffic to your affiliate site, and focusing on conversion.
Affiliate marketing earnings statistics 2022
The earning potential from affiliate marketing may depend on the amount of quality traffic and the commission structure of affiliate programs.
With these affiliate marketing earning statistics, you’ll understand the current trends and earning potential.
1. 73% of the merchants say that their affiliate marketing revenue has met or surpassed their expectations.
2. In most affiliate marketing programs, only 10% of affiliates are usually responsible for 90% of sales.
3. Publishers say that they generate 10% of their annual revenue via affiliate marketing.
4. Report says that 35% of affiliate marketers earn over $20,000.
5. 9% of publishers say they made over $50,000 via affiliate marketing in 2016.
6. Jason Stone, the Instagram star, generated $7 million via affiliate marketing in one year.
Can you make good money with affiliate marketing?
It’s true that you can’t just sign up, post a few links and expect to make thousands of dollars. There is a lot of work involved, but if you’re good at doing online research and finding out about what ads convert the best, you could be making money in no time.
Amazon affiliate marketing statistics 2022
Amazon affiliate is one of the first choices for affiliate marketing beginners, thanks to its easy to join guideline.
Here, you’ll find interesting stats about its market share, commission rates, and many more.
1. The Amazon associate program was introduced in 1996.
2. Amazon slashed commission rates for its affiliate program to as low as 1% in April 2020.
3. Amazon Associates has the highest market share of affiliate networks at 44.68%, with over 90,777 companies currently using the program.
|Top competitors||Websites||Market share|
|Rakuten Affiliate Network||15,373||7.56%|
4. Next to Amazon Associates, other big affiliate networks are C.J. Affiliate, Rakuten, SkimLinks, ShareASale, VigLink, Impact Radius, Refersion, etc.
5. Amazon crossed $107 billion in revenue in 2015. And it was estimated that its affiliates probably generated at least $10B of that revenue.
How profitable is Amazon affiliate marketing?
As a program, Amazon Associates offers its affiliates a wide variety of products to promote. It has over 3 million different products that you can sell and earn commissions on. The more you promote, the higher chances you have of earning more money.
Blogging affiliate marketing statistics 2022
Most of the successful bloggers you’ll find are monetizing their blog and traffic with affiliate marketing.
But what makes blogging a successful medium for marketers?
To know that, let’s get right into the stats.
1. 64.48% of affiliate marketers blog for the sole purpose of generating traffic.
2. Content published by affiliates has increased by 175% over the past few years – and the revenue generated by content publishers has also grown by 240%.
3. 81% of brands and 84% of publishers utilize the benefits of affiliate marketing.
4. 76% of publishers say that the ease of monetizing is the primary benefit of affiliate marketing.
5. 18.15% of marketers say that the key factor to consider when choosing a program is product relevance.
6. 94% of web publishers use more than one affiliate network.
7. Affiliate marketing is the top 2nd revenue generator for web publishers.
8. The content creation by affiliate marketers has increased by 175%. And, as a result, it has increased revenue by 240%, according to Awin’s study.
8. As per the study, it was found that Ad blocker doesn’t affect the affiliate marketing.
9. Direct deposit is the best payment choice for affiliate marketers at 48.69%, followed by PayPal at 19.16%, and Bitcoin at 2.69%.
Is blogging good for affiliate marketing?
Having a Well-written blog can get you more traffic and more sales.
Blogging is indeed one of the effective strategies of affiliate marketing. If you want to make some money through affiliate marketing, blogging is an excellent way for you to grow your business.
Statistics on how many people make it in affiliate marketing
Now, it’s time to understand the link between affiliate earnings and the percentage of marketers.
Here are some of the stats about the number of affiliate marketers.
1. 83% of marketers who leverage affiliate marketing say they target customers in the discovery and awareness phase of the sales funnel.
2. While content marketing costs 62% less than ads, it’s proven to drive as much as 3X more leads.
3. 23.18% of affiliate marketers promote between 11-20 products, and 14.19% promote 21-50 products.
5. Digital products generally reward affiliates with 50% commissions since they can be copied at no cost.
Is affiliate marketing too competitive?
The world of affiliate marketing is getting competitive day by day. As the number of affiliate marketers is increasing, it is becoming even more difficult to sustain in this space. Most of the affiliates are continuously searching for new opportunities to monetize their blogs and websites.
So, the best idea is not to rely on a single source of traffic and a monetization plan.
Mobile affiliate marketing statistics 2022
Mobile devices are becoming more and more powerful in driving traffic and even sales. So, it’s important for affiliate marketers to optimize their strategy for mobile devices.
Find top stats related to mobile affiliate marketing.
1. 80% of affiliate marketers track both their desktop and mobile sales.
2. In the third quarter of 2016, 42.1% of affiliate sales were generated by mobile phone users.
3. Over 30% of affiliate-generated sales came from mobile devices.
4. In 2019, cross-promoting between mobile devices and desktop users became popular in affiliate marketing.
5. Awin reported that they got about 50% of affiliate traffic from mobile devices.
6. 20% of all smartphone traffic and 19% of all smartphone sales comes from android mobile devices.
Which is better- affiliate marketing or digital marketing?
Briefly, affiliate marketing occurs when you promote a company’s product or service to your audience. A percentage of the sale will be credited to your account if someone purchases a product after visiting your website/blog.
Digital marketing is another Internet marketing that includes advertising your business on search engines, social media, and email marketing. Both are great ways to make money online.
You can start digital marketing or affiliate marketing with little investment and scale easily.
Affiliate marketing in social media statistics
Wondering how much social media impacts the affiliate marketing industry.
Here, you’ll find the breakdown with some interesting stats.
1. About 0.67% of 515,999 YouTube videos have at least one affiliate link, and about 0.85% of 2,140,462 Pinterest pins have at least one affiliate link.
2. 74% of consumers rely on social networks to influence their purchase decision.
3. 67.32% of affiliate marketers say they connect with customers via social media.
4. SEO is the highest traffic source for affiliate marketers globally at 69.22%, followed by social media at 67.32%, blogging at 64.48%, email marketing at 41.47%, and Pay per click advertising (PPC) at 34.28%.
How do affiliate marketers use social media?
Social media is a powerful tool to find your target market and promote affiliate products. Thus it is essential to use it in affiliate marketing.
The following are some ways how affiliates can use social media with their business:
- Identify key influencers for your niche.
- Gain visibility by creating quality content.
- Use social media to build relationships and trust with your audience.
- Use analytics to track your success.
- Monitor your social media networks to see what works and what does not.
Affiliate marketing demographic statistics
Now comes the final part, where we’ll look into the demographic details of the affiliate marketing industry.
This will help you understand the global state of affiliate marketing at a demographic level.
1. Male made up to 54.23% of affiliate marketers, whereas female affiliates are just 42.97%.
2. 57.44% of affiliate marketers are based in the United States, 1.85% are based in India, while 9.71% live in Canada.
3. About 5% of all affiliate marketers are within the age range of 18 and 24.
4. And approximately 31.86% of affiliate marketers are between 35 and 44 years of age.
5. In 2017, affiliate marketing spending grew by 15.1% in the U.K.
6. 55.32% of affiliate marketers are married, 33.67% are single, and the remaining 11.01% are either widowed or divorced.
How many affiliate programs are there?
Though the total number of affiliate marketing programs is hard to estimate, there are a total of 11,400 (in 2018) numbers of affiliate programs in the U.S alone.
This was the ultimate list of affiliate marketing statistics that gives insights into the current trends and the state of affiliate marketing.
Now, I am curious to know your favorite statistics from the list.
Do let me know in the comment.