On to the WPForms Review 2018…
Ever created a “contact us” page or a billing page on your blog?
That is too much of a hard work to get it done, isn’t it?
Things get even worse if you are a freelancer or online seller and want to create an online contact form that has conditional fields based on reader’s choice.
Feels like you’ll pull your hair to get it done right?
Today, I bring you to this “WPForms Review”, where I will introduce you to a brand new WordPress form builder & contact form plugin…
…that is drag and drop and makes it dead simple to create online forms that can receive PayPal payments, donations or even generate leads as newsletter sign up forms.
A single best WordPress contact form plugin that can help you create:
- A spam-free contact form,
- Request a Quote or billing form,
- A multi-page form that doesn’t scare your readers away,
- A donation form, to collect direct donations on your website, and
- A newsletter sign up form to generate leads.
Seems interesting, right?
- What is WPForms?
- Introducing WPForms? A Brief Background
- WPForms Review 2018: The most user-friendly contact form plugin ever!
- Let’s take a look at its features in our WPForms Review 2018 edition.
- 1) Drag and drop contact form builder
- 2) Save your time with “pre-built form templates”
- 3) Responsive form builder: Collect leads no matter what device they use!
- 4) Conditional logic: For that extra intuitive input behaviour
- 5) SEO-optimized, Embed able, and Instant notifications enabled
- 6) Creating an email subscription widget for your blog sidebar:
- 7) Creating multiple-page online forms and file uploads directly from contact form:
- 8) WPForms: A contact form that is SPAM-FREE with honeypot technology
- 9) Collection of payment from your blog via PayPal and Stripe
- WPForms pricing review & Details
- Verdict of WPForms Review 2018: Why should you choose WPForms?
What is WPForms?
WPForms is a new drag and drop contact form builder from Syed Balkhi, the man behind WPBeginner (the largest resource site for WordPress Tutorials) and Optin Monster (the market leader in lead generation plugins and the pioneer of exit-intent technology) to name a few.
WPForms came from the need to help bloggers, freelancers, and online marketers create a quick online form through drag and drop interface that can transact money, collect newsletter subscribers (by integrating with popular email marketing services like GetResponse and Aweber etc) and even has reCAPTCHA integration that gives your contact forms a spam-free experience.
Introducing WPForms? A Brief Background
Necessity is the mother of invention.
We all are accustomed to this golden quote and this was the reason behind why WPForms was made.
Most bloggers, busy marketers and small business owners had this one issue of creating a custom online form easily. Most plugins require a technical know-how and are on the pricier side. On the other hand, hiring a developer to create a custom form increased the budget bar.
This is when Syed Balkhi and his team came up with a solution, WPForms that is so robust, fast and yet powerful contact form plugin in functionality. It is the most mobile responsive contact form plugin for WordPress that you will ever get your hands on.
Just like OptinMonster created a revolution in email marketing by bringing innovative and conversion-optimized lead generation forms, WPForms will soon replace the common bloated, slow-to-load and contact form plugins around.
Prefer a video review of WPForms instead?
Check out this short review of WPForms features.
WPForms Review 2018: The most user-friendly contact form plugin ever!
In my WPForms review I found out that WPforms is a WordPress form builder plugin made by Syed Balkhi which enables you to create contact forms that can accept payments/donations right from the form. With WPForms contact form generator, you can create newsletters, help customer to add signatures on the forms using touch pad or mouse and all this via their drag & drop interface.
What I found in my review of WPForms is that they are one of the best form plugins for WordPress and with the features that it has, it is the perfect gravity forms alternative.
WPforms also is highly secure and you can allow users to submit blog posts/guest posts via the contact form itself and even create user accounts with them.
Cool, isn’t it?
WPForms is a freemium online form builder plugin with all the basic functionality in its free version intact. And the premium version makes it easy for you to collect payments, create multi-page forms, build email newsletter widgets for your blog and even more.
Let’s take a look at its features in our WPForms Review 2018 edition.
Here is the detailed list of features of WPForms.
1) Drag and drop contact form builder
Building a contact form for your blog that has various input fields is a pain for the non-coders and busy small business blog owners. If we use a free contact form plugin those make the site more buggy and bloated.
If you wanted a designer to create a contact form (like I had requested someone to create a custom “request a quote” form), they charge anywhere between $200-$300 for a single form.
I was totally shocked and researched about awesome contact page generators that gave the flexibility to use drag and drop interface (let’s face it, I am a non-coder and I don’t have the courage to invest my valuable time to learn codes at this point of my career).
It is then I came across WPFroms that made the whole process easy and guess what you can make unlimited “request a quote” form for your blog and also other pages like billing forms if you sell a digital product or service on your blog, all for less than $200.
After purchasing, you can literally create the whole contact us page form in a matter of a minute or two.
2) Save your time with “pre-built form templates”
The sole purpose of templates is to save time. In WPForms, you get a whole range of built-in templates that saves your time even more. For example, if you wanted to create a contact form, you can choose the contact us form template and just tweak it a bit for your custom fields and you are good to go.
If you wanted to deploy a billing form or a donation form to your blog page, WPForms is the best online form builder with pre-built templates that are just plug-and-play.
Some common form templates include:
- Contact us page form – a must for all website owners
- Request a quote form – necessary if you are a freelancer or offer some sort of services.
- Billing forms – for selling digital products on your blog
- Newsletter sign up forms – create a newsletter signup widget for your WordPress blog
3) Responsive form builder: Collect leads no matter what device they use!
Online forms created with WPForms are mobile friendly. They look and feel the same no matter what device your reader/customer holds. Nowadays, when google prefers mobile responsive sites for better rankings, it is wiser to have your input forms look and function great in any screen.
4) Conditional logic: For that extra intuitive input behaviour
Sometimes, online forms have to be a little clever and display input fields based on what your reader selects. This is especially helpful when you create complex choice based forms like displaying a particular product after the user selects a specific price range.
5) SEO-optimized, Embed able, and Instant notifications enabled
How about collecting leads right when your readers are reading your awesome blog posts? How about getting a web design quote right when your readers are seduced with your insightful post about responsive website design (like Elegant Themes Review)?
Well, this is no more a dream. WPForms allows you to embed the forms you created onto your sidebars and even inside the post so that you don’t lose a single lead in the process of clicking the contact me/hire me page for that custom quote form.
Tired of a contact form that sends you notifications of sign ups, requests and quotes only after a sync interval?
WPForms sends you instant notifications so that you can track and respond any leads that come your way.
With all this said and done, the chances of spam is sure to rise. This is handled by WPForms brilliantly by allowing you to integrate your own reCAPTCHA for your contact forms. It also has inbuilt honeypot to fight and help reduce contact form spams.
If you are thinking to create a lead generation widget that collects email subscriptions, you can easily do it with WPForms and then attach it with the email marketing service of your choice (example GetResponse, Aweber etc).
7) Creating multiple-page online forms and file uploads directly from contact form:
With WPForms, you can create bigger forms and then divide the same into pages so that you don’t scare the readers away.
You can also allow your readers/customers to send you attachments directly by uploading them through contact forms.
8) WPForms: A contact form that is SPAM-FREE with honeypot technology
Prior to WPForms I used a regular WordPress form builder and I absolutely loved it only to find various spam submissions (of business loans, automated guest post queries) flooding my inbox.
Honestly speaking, keeping spam away is not the job of the contact form I feel, but it is always good to have a in house spam protection within the form builder plugin itself. With WPForms, you get the security from spam submissions with its honeypot spam protection technology.
9) Collection of payment from your blog via PayPal and Stripe
Want to create a free online order form for your blog?
If you want to sell ebooks or digital products on your WordPress blog, you can do it in a breeze with WPForms. You can also collect payments for your freelance services, custom downloads and lock your premium content on your blog with the best PayPal and Stripe integrations right from your blog.
Own a donation form plugin for your non-profit organisation? WPForms is the best alternative to the official PayPal plugin and with lots of more function. The added benefit is these payment collection forms are speedy, mobile responsive and easy to use.
You can collect the user’s location address to ship a product, redirect them to a page if they click on cancel payment during the process and also see multiple products with Stripe and credit card options.
Here is a simple yet efficient “request a quote form” I made with WPForms that allows me to collect user information and also sell a product (currently there is none this is for demo purpose) for $10 and enable the user to pay me the price as soon as he completes the submission.
WPForms pricing review & Details
WPForms aims at being the most beginner friendly contact form builder for WordPress. That is why they have come with broad pricing plans so that every segment of online marketers can use it with ease.
They have a free version called WPForms lite which is the only plugin one would need to create a basic functional contact form plugin that is fast and responsive. It is by far the best free contact form generator or builder. I don’t use the premium version of WPForms on all my sites (of course I am budget-conscious and we all should be), their free version does all the job along with spam protection.
But, for the main sites, where I need to do more like, accepting payments, adding a more complex contact form for clients or build something to ease out the client on-boarding, I prefer their premium version.
Because it IS value for money and saves a ton of my time customizing forms with just drag and drop modules unlike other form builders or getting a designer on board for those things. Needless to say, time is money.
Click here to view all their pricing plans.
Which WPForms pack should you choose?
I am using the PRO Plan ($199) which is what you should be using too but you should choose the Ultimate Plan ($349) because it is a one-time payment and you get lifetime access. The makers are famous for introducing lifetime access to new products and will remove them once it is popular. They did the same with OptinMonster. Users that had purchased the lifetime pack then are enjoying all the services intact even now when it’s current users have to pay $199 annually.
Advantages of WPForms:
WPForms is a full suite of online form builder that is so powerful that you don’t need any other plugin or input tool on your blog. Here are some pros or features that made me choose WPForms over other forms builder plugins out there.
- Fast, secure and instant notifications
- The form templates. (these are real time savers and gives you a point to start when you have no clue what a stand form should contain)
- Payment options. (I am a freelance writer and a VA and easy collection of payments is a must.)
- Billing forms: (I am soon to launch my own eBook. Having a place to sell eBooks on my blog with easy billing experience to my customers is a must have feature).
- Create email forms: If you’ve ever searched on “how to create an email subscription widget for MailChimp on WordPress” you’d know why WPForms is a winner.
Disadvantages/cons of WPForms (I told ya’ll this is an honest WPForms review!):
WPForms is a game-changer in building online forms. Here is what I didn’t like about it:
- The free version is too limited. I previously used Fast and secure contact form for WordPress and it has way too many features as compared to WPForms lite.
- In the pro version, I’d have loved to see integrations with other email services like GetResponse etc. (They are going to add it in near future updates).
The reason I ditched my previous contact form plugin despite it being the best free contact form plugin is that is is bloaty (WPForms is fast) and does not have any comparison when you compare it to WPForms Pro.
Verdict of WPForms Review 2018: Why should you choose WPForms?
Despite the free version being so limited, it still is the best option if you want to create a basic contact form in a matter of seconds. It shows why WPForms is the best form plugin for WordPress users.
If you are a professional blogger and earn from your blog, you should choose WPForms because it enables you to
- Save time with built-in templates.
- Save money that you’d invest in a designer to create a form for you.
- You can easily transact money, sell products/services and give your users a better experience.
WPForms is highly recommended for freelance writers, authors, web designers (best contact form plugin to use in client websites), digital marketers/bloggers and online sellers.