We apologize for the state of the page. The content is all there, but we are in the process of a major design and content overhaul to make this even better for you. Please check back later for an updated version.
Check Out Our Latest & Greatest Posts ››
Google bids farewell to its sinking social networking platform Orkut. Almost everyone of us have been active on Orkut some years back but have ruthlessly shifted our loyalty to Facebook that too originated the same year Orkut did. The service will finally be shutdown on September 30, 2014. Here is a detailed guide on how to export your Orkut data including profile information, photos, testimonials, and community posts.
Click here to read the full story on Orkut’s shutdown.
You cannot create any more new Orkut accounts from now but can do these things without any problems.
What you can do with your Orkut account till September 30?
- Log in and use your account as you used to.
- Play games, write testimonials (remember testimonials ?.. we used to write friends testimonials in return for the same on our profile ) and increase your scraps(we used to have compititions on who has the highest number of scraps).
- Post to communities and export your data.
How to download Orkut data:
- Visit Google Takeout. (It is the portal through which you can export your Data and credentials associated with Google products).
- Go to choose services and then select Orkut.
- click on Create Archive. You will be notified when by email as soon as the process is completed.
- Click on download and you can now save an ZIP file which has HTML files and pictures in JPEG format.
- You can now use these data to import to any compatible social networking site.(Remember the way you did transfer your Reader data to Feedly).
Similar topics that you might like to read:
- How to become popular in Facebook. (expert secrets revealed)
- Five books every writer, blogger must have.(#5 is a book no one should miss buying)
- How to make 500$ in two days with twitter. (Must Try)
- How to make free international calls using Facebook.
About me :
Hi, I’m Swadhin Agrawal, full time Blogger and Freelance writer. Tech and Gadgets make me go crazy, after all we live in a kick ass era of Technology. I write technology and social media stuff over here and Health related topics at Pharma Police. If you love technology and gadgets we’ll make great friends Connect with me on Google+ , Twitter And Facebook.