Cheapest VPS Hosting 2017: 6 of the Best Reliable Virtual Server Hosting
If you are looking to host your site on a better environment than shared hosting that costs less than a dedicated server, going virtual server hosting way is the best option.
In this VPS hosting purchase guide, we will talk about 6 of the Best VPS hosting for 2017 that are cheap, yet reliable and you can use right now.
Choosing the perfect hosting for your online business is a tedious task especially when there are dime a dozen of them floating around. Here I have hand-picked the most reliable and performance oriented virtual server hosting providers for you.
Let’s now see how each of the VPS providers stands on the benchmarks when compared.
- 1 What is VPS Hosting?
- 1.1 Shared Hosting vs VPS Hosting
- 1.2 Why Do You Need VPS Hosting?
- 1.3 VPS Hosting Guide: How To Choose The Best VPS Hosting For Your Blog?
- 2 Cheapest VPS Hosting Comparison 2017: The Art of Choosing the BestReliable VPS Hosting
- 2.1 1) Bluehost VPS Hosting review: Best Managed VPS Hosting
- 2.2 2) InMotion VPS Hosting:
- 2.3 3) A2 VPS Hosting reviews: Best Managed & Unmanaged Hosting Ever
- 2.4 4) Host1Plus VPS Hosting:
- 2.5 5) DreamHost VPS hosting: Top Rated and Most Efficient
- 2.6 BONUS: WiredTree VPS Hosting Review: Got Budget? Choose It Instantly!
- 2.7 Concluding VPS Buying Guide: Choose the Best Reliable yet Cheapest VPS Hosting Available
What is VPS Hosting?
Before having a detailed VPS hosting comparison of the best players, let’s first understand what VPS hosting is what is its significance.
VPS hosting or virtual private server hosting is a hosting server where each website has it’s own server resources, with individual server resources like CPU, RAM, disk storage and bandwidth.
In VPS, you have your website hosted on a server that has far less sites than that of a shared hosting environment. But, unlike shared hosting, you don’t have to share your server resources with other websites. This is a great advantage since the health of one site will not affect the other site.
The above screenshot might clear your confusion as you can see that in shared hosting, multiple websites are hosted on a single server and they use same resources.
Since you are on a VPS, you don’t get penalized by search engines for sharing the resources with other spammy (porn, gambling or any illegal niche) website.
In other words, It is kind of a server within a big server. Here a single big server is divided into many mini servers and each mini server hosts only one site/blog. This method is ultimately the best and safest method of hosting websites.
Similarly, VPS server hosting providers offer you a private virtual server with full control and dedicated resources. In shared hosting, you don’t get root-level access to the server, so you don’t need to manage the server but in VPS hosting, you get server access and you are responsible for the server management as it is all yours.
Since VPS hosting are kind of hybrid of shared and dedicated hosting (one in which you own the whole damn server), it costs you way lesser than dedicated server hosting while not compromising on the perks.
Virtual private hosting service is being very popular because indirectly you get everything that a dedicated hosting provides at the lower rates. Isn’t it great to get VPS hosting and enjoy the benefits of a dedicated hosting.
Why Do You Need VPS Hosting?
Every hosting service has its own advantages but if you ask me, I would give preference to VPS hosting because you get full control of your server, your website is hosted on one single server using all the resources itself which doesn’t get shared with any other website. It makes website loads faster. It also gives the facilities as like dedicated hosting offers.
One more added benefit of VPS hosting is that since your site doesn’t share hosting space with others, you are saved from SEO disadvantages of having bad or illegal sites (like porn or casino sites) on your server.
VPS Hosting Guide: How To Choose The Best VPS Hosting For Your Blog?
1) Managed or Unmanaged hosting:
When choosing your own virtual server hosting, you have two options, managed or unmanaged (self-managed hosting). If you go the unmanaged way, you have to monitor your own server, track its health and take backups and clean malware in time. This is a bit cheaper than managed VPS hosting services.
In managed VPS hosting, you get a dedicated assistant (a manager) who will take care of your server, track site health, take regular backups so that you can concentrate on your business rather than site back-end. This obviously costs a bit more, but definitely worth it. In managed hosting, nothing is better than Flywheel’s managed hosting solution.
2) Windows hosting or Linux hosting environment
You must know which hosting you have to buy whether windows or Linux. If your website is built using PHP, Linux VPS hosting will be required, and if it is built with ASP.net then Windows hosting environment will be needed. Most virtual private service providers have cheap VPS hosting plans for Linux and windows, both.
3) Hardware and configuration
- RAM and hard disk: You should know your requirement of RAM and hard drive so that you can get only what is required.
- Bandwidth: You should be aware that if your VPS hosting provider has imposed any limitation over the bandwidth or you can increase the limit when there is a lot of traffic coming to your website?
- OS: You should know the requirement or choice for VPS operating systems whether your website needs specific Linux Distribution. This is crucial that your VPS hosting provider offers the right distribution package and updates the OS regularly.
- IP addresses: You must know the number of IPs you will get with the initial setup, or you have to pay extra for additional IPs.
4) Customer Support
Customer support is important because you never know when technicalities happen which you are not able to solve on your own. Only a better customer support can save you in such situations by offering the instant help. So check if the hosting people are providing good customer support. Prefer which offers phone + chat support. I hate ticket support because it is delayed.
Now this is the most important thing to know whether the virtual hosting service you are going to buy is affordable or not. Many VPS hosting providers are there in the market so don’t just buy rather do a thorough research and compare few services, and then decide the most affordable yet able to fulfill your requirements.
All these criteria are company specific and you can discuss with the chat support team of your desired hosting company to know the details of what they provide. Make sure you ask them about all the above features and be sure beforehand.
Cheapest VPS Hosting Comparison 2017: The Art of Choosing the BestReliable VPS Hosting
With this, we now come to the best VPS hosting comparison section of our post. Earlier in this post, we had a top 10 VPS hosting provider list but now we have skimmed it to the top 6 recommended vps server hosting reviews.
Here, we will have the some of the most affordable (cheapest) yet reliable VPS hosting compared.
When it comes to best web hosting providers, I always suggest choosing Bluehost whether for shared (check out Bluehost hosting black Friday deals here)or VPS. Bluehost is the most popular and trusted hosting service provider for small business owners. As in this post, we are discussing best VPS hosting, please have a look at the cheap and affordable VPS plans that Bluehost offers. Here are some of the features that make Bluehost the king in this section:
- Uses open-source technologies like OpenStack and KVM to give powerful and fast loading server experience.
- Enhanced cPanel that gives you access to everything you need, right in front.
- Ability to dynamically add additional storage to account via cPanel.
Bluehost VPS hosting service also offers you various advanced features like:
- Multi-server management: It allows you add more than one server (no matter VPS, shared or even dedicated) to your account at the very moment you need it.
- Access control: Have more than one employee managing your account. Now you can create multiple passwords for different users like one for server administration other for ownership details etc.
- Supports: Advanced secure shell (SSH), customize own htaccess files, cron jobs and php.ini etc
Inmotion is one such VPS hosting company that has had a long track record of happy customers. They are fast, secure and optimized to load your website at lightening speed. InMotion hosting is optimized VPS for high traffic sites and provides you freedom at high traffic seasonal spikes. Meaning, it doesn’t lock your website down if in case you get a sudden high traffic spike that is beyond your package allowance.
Another thing is, InMotion hosting stores your website data in SSDs which ensure your can load your site blazing fast. They provide free backups which is something very essential because we site owners don’t ant to mess with with backups everyday.
Other features include:
- Free SSDs
- Complete advanced yet easy cPanel
- Free backups
- Unlimited company emails
- Great uptime
- Great customer supoort
A2hosting claims to provide 20x faster loading speed than other VPS hosting providers do. You can customize your VPS plan requirements using the tool it offers. I set a basic plan, and it costs $29.03/mo. Have a look at the screenshot below:
A2Hosting is one of the best affordable & cheapest VPS hosting providers online. It offers:
- A2hosting that claims to load your site 20X faster. Needless to say, how a delayed site can cost you visitors and even leads.
- You can resize your VPS hosting and pay for whatever you use.
- It provides server-specific location options. You can choose a server nearer to your business location in order to get more speed and features specific to your location.
A2 Hosting’s unmanaged VPS hosting consts as low as $5/mo so in case you can manage the backend this is the best unmanaged VPS hosting option for you.
The best thing is they are offering 34% discount on first billing if you use the coupon shown in the screenshot. You can increase or decrease the requirements by using the controls. Pricing will change as the requirements change. Click here to find out the latest A2 hosting promo codes.
Host1Plus is relatively new into the hosting game, but they have carved a community of users for themselves. It offers cheap and sustainable VPS hosting servers for small and medium business websites that are on a budget.
The VPS packages of Host1Plus starts at $2/mo and range all the way to $85/mo based on what you need. Here are some of the features it has to offer.
- 24×7 Instant Professional Support.
- Multi-location server you can have
- Great performance within budget.
- Host unlimited domains
- Customize the server environment as per you.
- App Installer in the hosting account.
- Get dedicated IPs in order to boost your website’s SEO.
If you are looking for the best VPS hosting, for huge-traffic small enterprise sites, read my review of Host1Plus VPS hosting here.
DreamHost is one of my favorite hosting solution providers. They do have a little ‘90s looking dashboard but the features, efficiency and even the customer care compensates it big time.
I have nearly 3-4 of my niche sites on their VPS hosting plans and they even set up SSL, fixed my email not delivering issues and a couple of other things (all of which was messed up by me) within no time. Even their shared hosting is something I use and recommend for everyone simply because the efficiency it has to handle high traffic at low cost.
Their lowest plan is at $15/mo which is quite low if you see similar contenders and gives you 1GB RAM, unlimited bandwidth and custom built control panel.
- It offers solid-state drive option that can be used to boost your site performance.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Custom built control panel where it does not eat the resources of your own server.
- Though the price is at $15 per month.
While we already have seen the best 5 top rated VPS hosting that are also the cheapest, here is another one that is recommended to anyone who has got a bit of extra bucks and wants to have a better hosting experience. WiredTree costs at least $50 for the lowest package of VPS hosting and let me tell you, it is the best you can get.
All the plans of WiredTree come with managed hosting, meaning you don’t have to rub your head against the wall and all your hosting technicality. It will all be managed by their customer executives. Daily free backups, any other issues etc will be handled without you knowing the process.
Other WiredTree VPS hosting features:
- Very fast SSD storage
- Free site migration
- Scale on demand
- Unlimited domains & accounts
- Proactive security updates.
Concluding VPS Buying Guide: Choose the Best Reliable yet Cheapest VPS Hosting Available
VPS hosting service is the best hosting service for bloggers and small to big business owners as without costing huge amount; it offers you most of the facility that dedicated server offers. I have compiled the above list of best cheapest VPS service providers that are suitable for any enterprise level website or blog with high traffic. If you want VPS hosting, do not miss these top rated VPS hosts.
In all the above, you get root level access to your hosting account so you can do anything you want as installing software, changing settings and everything just similar to what you can do on your local computer.
My Favorite Recommendation!
You have the list of top rated and cheapest VPS hosting providers + best VPS Hosting for the year 2017 along with their comparison table and guide to help you choose the best VPS, so what are you waiting for. Go ahead and grab the one that suits your requirement. Or click the button below to get started with BlueHost!
- Starts at $5